Send SMS for Free Via Your Gmail
Did you know that you can now send SMS (text) messages using your gmail account? Well, maybe this is not news for a lot of people but I just found out about it so just let me share. lol.
How to send free SMS messages via your gmail account
- Sign in to your gmail account.
- Checkout the Chat and SMS box and key in the mobile number of the supposed message recipient.
- Once you key in the number, a box will pop up and you’ll have to enter your contact’s name.
- Next, a chat box will pop up and you can then start sending messages. Just type your message and hit enter.
- You can send SMS messages for free and the recipient may receive your SMS messages for free or they may be charged by their mobile providers for receiving text messages. Also, they will be charged for replying.
- You can also do voice chats (calls) via gmail but I haven’t explored that yet – and it’s not free.
- Although the group chat icon appears (“Add people to this chat”), you can’t use group chat for sms.
This is a good option if you suddenly run out of load while you’re busy surfing the net. Give it a try.